About Me

My photo
Wahhz quddiee ' dhiz yuh qirl Carmen "Dream" De Jesus . If yuh dont knw by now , I represent $CRIPT $OCIETY -- I'm 16 yrs yunqinz & Puerto Rican {Por Ley - Pa ke tu lo sepas} jaja My passions aree Graffiti , Muzik, Art , Poetry , & Writinq . So yeaa . Comment, Rate -- Imma be keepin yall posted wen I put new stuff so Check My Script ! ; )

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Shadow

"Who are you?" I ask
People asking me what do I like about myself...
I'm just wondering if I'm really hiding behind a mask,
or is it this game I've been playing off the shelf.

I don't see what others see in themselves
Am I in denial? Or maybe I'm just a big fat lie.
I hear a soft voice talking to me
It passes so quickly, you can say it just flees.

Why can't people respect my choices?
I just want to be me and follow these voices.
It's telling me the truth because I hear it so many times,
But people remind me constantly of my crimes.

I feel like a bad girl for not listening to it's words.
It wants me to love myself but I don't.
It's most likely hard for you to understand, but to me it's just absurd.

I don't understand why it follows me when I look so hideous.
It feels like it can be looked upon as mysterious.
It's hard for me to understand, why should someone have to deal with
something they hate? When it can be fixed and over with.
I can recall this feeling over and over again,
It's like i need someone to understand me and be my friend.

But then again, that's why it's my shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment